Keyvan Khosrovani was born in Tehran in 1938 and earned his Master’s of Architecture with high honors from Tehran University in 1962. With a scholarship from the French government he went on to study for two years at the Ecole Superieure Nationale des Beaux-Arts. In 1964 he had his first solo exhibition at the Maison Internationale de la Cite’ Universitaire of Paris.
He collaborated with British architects Jane Drew and Maxwell Frye on the University of Sheffield’s project in 1965 and spent a year at the Faculty of Architecture in Rome specializing in the restoration of ancient monuments.
After his return to Iran in 1966, he was involved in the first festival of arts in Shiraz: “Persepolis.” He was the lighting designer for the illumination of Persepolis and Hafezieh and designer of the amphitheatres for the festival. His deep appreciation for Iranian culture led him to promote classical Persian music for Iranian television, providing the network with nine solo concert programs of Iranian artists as unpaid producer.